Andrew Holmes, MSW
Director of Programs and Social Worker
The Angel's Depot
Our Seniors' Best Friend
JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH APRIL
MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER
Click on the month you wish to read.
Senior Emergency Meal Boxes are distributed the 3rd week of the month to 24 locations through San Diego County at these Distribution Sites:
• Americare, San Marcos
• Bayside Community Center, Linda Vista, San Diego
• Casa Colina, San Diego
• Carlsbad Senior Center, Carlsbad
• City Heights Senior Housing, San Diego
• City Heights Wellness Center, San Diego
• El Cajon Salvation Army, El Cajon
• Encinitas Senior Center, Encinitas
• Escondido Joslyn Senior Center, Escondido
• Hide-Away Lake, Valley Center
• Housing Opportunities, San Diego
• Indian Health Council, Valley Center
• Joan & Ray Kroc Community Center, San Diego
• Mira Mesa Senior Center, Mira Mesa, San Diego
• Oceanside Salvation Army, Oceanside
• Oceanside Senior Center, Oceanside
• Ramona Food & Clothes Closet, Ramona
• Salvation Army, Balboa, San Diego
• San Ysidro Community Center, San Diego
• San Marcos Senior Center, San Marcos
• St. Stephens Recreation Center, San Diego
• Vista Senior Center, Vista
• Warner Springs Resource Center, Warner Springs †
Oceanside seniors pick up their Meal Boxes with the help of Rotary volunteers
Mira Mesa Meal Box Distribution in February 2012
Senior gets a Meal Box on his scooter at Oceanside Senior Center
A senior picks up her meal box at the San Marcos Senior Center
I enjoyed our brief conversation via telephone this afternoon. I love the music on your website, it's very relaxing and soothing to ones nerves in a world that seems to be unravaling fast at the seams.
I simply want to express my deep heartfelt appreciation for your caring organization. Many times in life we receive amazing gifts of kindness and forget to simply say "thank you", therefor, I want to take this time to say how very appreciative I am of this wonderful gift of food. I have been a receipient of your generous food boxes for about six months now and without it I would be hard pressed to make it to the end of the month. The high quality of the content of this food box that you provide is outstanding. Your distribution chanel of using the Vista Senior Center is perfect. The staff there is warm and friendly.
I feel very blessed to have learned that this wonderful and selfless gift is available to those of us Seniors who find ourselves in need within the Vista Community.
There really are good "Angels" in Vista looking over those in need and for this I once again want to say a hearty "THANK YOU".
May the Creator of our Universe give you the courage and means to continue in your most generous endeavor.
Eddie is 70 years old and his income is $687 per month. He served in the Army and has a Masterís Degree in Computer Science. However, an accident left him disabled with back pain. He is very grateful for his food box each month. Now he spends his time with his pet, Tom the Tortoise. When he can, Eddie volunteers at Tri City Hospital and regularly goes to a food bank to get food for his friends. He is a lifetime student of history and political science.
Robert is 74 years old and his income is $618 per month. He was a Marine who served in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Robert was a graphic artist who drew signs by hand; now he is blind in one eye. He is also a one-lung cancer survivor. Robert enjoys ancestry research and his kitties Luna Marie and Sir Rodney, who are his good companions. Robert is very grateful for his meal box.
Norma is 87 years old and her monthly income is $892. She suffers from severe heart disease and back pain. She is a widow who loves her kitty Babee, her best friend and companion. In better times, Norma was a professional chef for 50 years. She says she stretches her meal box all month. This lively lady was the first woman Exalted Ruler of the Elks!
Resource Web Sites for Low-Income Senior Citizens
Living in San Diego County . . .
San Diego, CA 92121
Vista, CA 92084